Che cosa è, e che cosa non è, una competenza interculturale. Da sviluppare con il training, l'esperienza e la teoria
- Intercultural competence is not a matter of psychology.
- First, second and third encounters are crucial for establishing a trustful relationship.
- There is no such thing as general interculturality.
- You never deal with cultures, always with individuals.
- Effective communication without language is rarely possible.
- Intercultural communication may affect your personal and professional success. Mistakes may have serious consequences and affect your career.
- Mistakes in intercultural encounters are not usually grammar mistakes and may not even be language mistakes.
- Nevertheless, how we use language to establish a trustful relationship in intercultural encounters is crucial and must be taken seriously in training.